Town Mead Leisure Park
Town Mead is probably the premier outdoor sport and leisure complex in Essex.
The development of the 42 acre site, close to the centre of town, cost over £500,000 of which £300,000 was provided by the Sports Lottery Fund.
The complex contains:
- Full size FA accredited 3G floodlit Astroturf pitch
- five football pitches of various sizes
- including a full size floodlit pitch
- 1 cricket pitch
- 2 all weather illuminated training pitches including:
- tennis court
- 400m 6 lane grass athletic track
- Baseball Diamond - Home to the Essex Arrows (National Champions 2014)
The leisure facilities include
- new play park
- picnic area
and a fabulous sports and social club, including the Mead Suite for hire.