The Town Hall is currently closed to members of the public. However, the venue remains open for weddings and for some activities that are exempt from current restrictions.
If you are interested in booking any of our venues, please telephone 01992 714949 to check how current restrictions might affect your event or activity.
We strongly urge all our residents and businesses to follow Government advice on social distancing and self-isolation. We also wish to make you aware of the following:
- The Town Council will continue cemetery and funeral management.
- The Town Council’s managed open spaces will remain open for the public to exercise in and for permitted sporting activities.
- Any groups hiring the facilities for sporting activities such as classes, football, youth groups etc. (not functions) will be required to provide a Covid-19 specific risk assessment and submit it to the Town Council prior to bookings going ahead.
- The Town Mead Sports and Social Club will continue to operate within government guidelines. You will be asked for contact details or to use the Test and Trace App. You will need to wear a mask unless seated and there will be table service only. Groups of more than 6 are not permitted and the venue will close at 10pm until further notice.
- The Saturday and Tuesday markets are operational – please remember to follow appropriate social distancing.
- The Tourist Information Centre will continue to operate within government guidelines. You will be asked to wear a mask and to follow social distancing.
- Allotments will remain open and holders are requested to observe social distancing.
- If you are attending a wedding at the Town Hall, you will be asked for your contact details (or use the Test and Trace App), have your temperature taken and you will be required to wear a face covering during the ceremony (with the exception of the bride and groom.)
If you have any further questions, please phone us on 01992 714949